Serve these on game day: Mile high nachos, smoked salmon club
Festive last-minute ideas for a Super Bowl bashPlay Video
Award-worthy desserts made with Girl Scout Cookies
Giddy up! Tips for throwing a fun Kentucky Derby party
SORTEDfood taste-test Los Angeles tacos
How to make a 23-calorie cheesecake in a strawberry
If you've decided to throw a party for the big game this Sunday are in desperate need of fun and delicious food that roots for both teams, we've got you covered. Lifestyle expert and blogger Kris Schoels shares her recipes for Bronco's mile high nachos, Seahawks smoked salmon club and more.
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 shot of espresso
- 1 (12oz) can of Cola
- 1 shot of light cream
Fill a glass with the crushed ice and pour the espresso over the ice. Add in the cola (until the glass almost full) and then pour in the cream. Stir to blend and enjoy.
- 1 mug of your favorite Seattle coffee
- 1 mini donut or donut hole
- 1 long, sturdy, coffee stirrer
Place the donut or donut hole on the coffee stirrer. Put the stirrers into the coffee mugs before your guests arrive.
- 8 slices of pumpernickel bread
- 3 oz of cream cheese, slightly softened
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 8 oz of smoked salmon
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of red onions, thinly sliced
Toast the bread and spread with cream cheese. Layer the bread with cucumber, salmon, tomato, and red onion. Top with the remaining toasted bread.
Feel free to make these double decker sandwiches.
- 1 bag of Tortilla Chips
- 2 cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup of Bacon Bits
- 1/4 cup of Jalapeno Peppers
- 1/4 cup of Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup of Salsa
- Individual paper containers
The key to these nachos is to pile them up high for the "mile high" city. Place a mountain of tortilla chips on a baking sheet, top with shredded cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted.Remove from oven and transfer a "mountain" of tortilla chips on to individual containers.Top with bacon bits, jalapeno peppers, sour cream, and salsa.
- 12 mini terra cotta pots
- 12 of your favorite cupcakes, already baked and cooled (with no wrappers)
- 1 container of white icing + green food coloring
- Football cake decor, toothpicks, etc.
- Football brownies, cookies, or candy
Place the cupcakes inside of the pots and ice evenly with the green frosting. Decorate and serve with small spoons.