Swapping tender pierogies for crunchy tortilla chips in these easy, cheesy nachos takes comfort food to the next level.
Technique tip: I like to serve these directly on the sheet pan. It's one less dish to wash after the big party and it helps keep the nachos warm.
Swap option: You can substitute ground beef, chicken, sausage or even spiced tofu crumbles for the chorizo.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Two 16-ounce boxes frozen cheese pierogies (about 24 pierogies)
- 1/2 pound fresh ground chorizo, cooked
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2½ cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Sour cream
- Pickled jalapeños
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place frozen pierogies onto baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 to 17 minutes. Remove from oven.
2. Top pierogies with chorizo, black beans and cheese. Return to oven and bake until cheese is bubbly, about 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Top with lettuce, cilantro, salsa, sour cream and jalapeños, and serve while warm!