Protein-packed, fiery and addictive, these Buffalo nachos are a heat seeker's dream. All you need is a few simple ingredients and then you can cook and serve 'em on one sheet pan, which makes cleanup a breeze. I tend to use leftover skinless chicken breast or thighs, but you can also utilize store-bought rotisserie chicken to save time and energy. Just shred the poultry with your hands, toss it with your favorite hot sauce, sprinkle on the cheese and you're ready to create a spicy and crunchy adventure. For a little extra heat, drizzle on my creamy Buffalo sauce and an additional dose of hot sauce. Or, if you're looking for a milder finish, try this lightened-up Ranch dressing. And remember: The best things in life are meant to be shared!
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 8 to 10 ounces tortilla chips
- 1⅓ to 2 cups shredded 2% reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat or non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3-5 tablespoons hot sauce, plus more to taste
- 3 to 4 scallions, thinly sliced
For the nachos:
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the hot sauce with the shredded chicken until well-coated. Set aside.
3. Place the tortilla chips in an even layer on a baking sheet, face-side up, so the chips will hold the toppings. Add the chicken evenly over the chips, followed by the cheese. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes, until the cheese is melty and the corners of the chips start to turn golden-brown.
For the toppings:
In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and hot sauce.
When the nachos come out of the oven, drizzle the sauce over the warm, melty cheese and garnish with scallions. For extra heat, drizzle additional hot sauce over the top. Serve immediately.