'Tis the season for a bit of liquid cheer! From boozy hot chocolate to a creamy peppermint punch, these six cool-weather cocktails are sure to warm you right up this winter.
1. Salted caramel hot chocolate with tequila: Tequila is not just for summertime margaritas! A bit of sea salt complements the sweetness in this warm drink from Creative Culinary.
2. Caramel apple hot toddy: Rich salted caramel and apple cider join forces in this spicy hot toddy from Lick My Spoon. Serve in a mason jar for a perfectly homey presentation.
3. Peppermint eggnog milkshake shots: Made with peppermint ice cream, white chocolate bark, crushed peppermint and eggnog, this pink drink from Sugar & Cloth is as cute as it is sweet.
4. Peppermint "hot chocolate" martini: Serve this cocktail from the Cookie Rookie — which is actually chilled, not hot — in a martini glass with a colorful candy rim for a festive look.
5. Vegan eggnog: Fat Free Vegan’s versions of eggnog can be thickened with banana or chia seeds for a healthier approach to the notoriously rich cocktail — and one that’s vegan-friendly, too.
6. Creamy peppermint punch: Pocket Change Gourmet’s easy, indulgent milkshake-like drink is great for kids with its crushed candy cane rim — then add your pick of spirit to spike it for adults.