Bubbles aren't just for Champagne and seltzer. This drink is inspired by the beautiful wreaths decorating the shopfronts of New York City during the holidays. It will wake up your palate with the fiery kick of ginger!
Rosemary Simple Syrup (makes about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 small sprig fresh rosemary
Bubbles and Cran
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 2 tablespoons Rosemary Simple Syrup (recipe above)
- One 12-ounce bottle ginger beer, chilled
- 2 round slices fresh ginger, a slit cut in the side of each
- 2 small sprigs fresh rosemary
For the rosemary simple syrup:
Combine the sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, stirring, until the sugar is fully dissolved, about 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and add the rosemary. Let steep until the simple syrup is cooled to room temperature, about 15 minutes. Remove the rosemary. The simple syrup will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
For the bubbles and cran:
Muddle the cranberries, lemon juice and Rosemary Simple Syrup in a large glass. Divide between 2 champagne flutes.
Top with ginger beer and garnish the rim of each glass with a ginger slice and rosemary sprig.