This is a fun and easy recipe to make for kids going back to school. It's also the perfect midday snack for adults!
Swap option: You can swap out the butter for any vegan butter or the honey for 2 tablespoons of brown sugar to make this recipe vegan.
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup grape jam or jelly
- 1/2 cup plain peanuts
- 1/2 cup mixed dried berries
1. Preheat oven to 300 F.
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a small saucepan, melt the butter, then whisk in peanut butter, brown sugar and honey. Once melted and well combined, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and salt.
4. Place the oats in a large bowl and pour in peanut butter mixture, jam and peanuts. Carefully toss together.
5. Spread the oats on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, gently stir and bake for another 15 minutes. (Don't worry if it comes out soft, the granola mix hardens as it cools).
6. Allow the granola to completely cool on the baking sheet for about 1 hour.
7. Once cool, toss in dried berries and store in an airtight container.
Serve with milk, yogurt or enjoy plain!