This healthy spin on a classic afternoon dish will get your day started on the right foot. With each tasty bite you'll score fiber and protein and lots of pizza goodness. And thanks to the tomato sauce, you'll also get a nice dose of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that can help enhance skin and heart health. What are waiting for? Grab a slice!
- 1 whole grain tortilla
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 1 to 2 large eggs
- Herbs and seasonings (such as chopped basil, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the tortilla on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes on each side.
2. While the tortilla is in the oven, cook the turkey bacon in a skillet according to package directions, about 5 minutes. Let it cool and dice into pieces. Remove tortilla from the oven and spread tomato sauce evenly over the top. Then top with spinach, cheese, diced bacon, and any preferred herbs and spices. Place "pizza" back in oven until cheese is melted, about 4 additional minutes.
3. While "pizza" is baking, cook the egg to your preference (scrambled or sunny side up) in a skillet coated with oil spray.
4. Remove "pizza" from oven and place the egg on top. Cut into 4 equal slices and dig in.