You can customize these omelettes to suit your taste. Add onions, substitute egg whites for the whole eggs, try different cheeses or swap in turkey instead of ham.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup ham, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack or pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado, sliced
1. Heat oil in a pan over high heat.
2. Cook the ham, peppers, and spinach with a pinch of salt and pepper until the spinach has wilted. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Whisk the 4 eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper, then pour half of the mixture into the pan, swirling it around to make a full circle. Lower to a medium heat.
4. Cook for about 15 seconds, then spoon half of the veggie mixture on one half of the omelet and sprinkle half of the jack and half the cheddar cheese on the other half.
5. Cook until the cheese is half melted, then fold one half of the omelet over the other.
6. Cook for another 15 seconds, then remove and transfer to a plate.
7. Fan out half of the avocado slices on top of the omelet, then repeat with the other omelet.