- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple extract or flavor
This nutty and sweet granola can be made in advance and kept frozen for up to two months. It just so happens to be vegan, too!
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine oats, pecans, cinnamon and salt, and mix with a large spoon. Add maple syrup, oil, vanilla, and maple extract, and stir until oats are evenly coated. Spread mixture on prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Break apart with a spatula, leaving some larger clumps.