I love this recipe because it's so easy to make but really full of flavor. It can also be completely customized: You can add delicious grilled meat, chili sauce for some spice and whatever veggies you have on hand.
- 8 ounces dry rice noodles or glass noodles
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces cooked barbecue short ribs, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 10 mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Bring three quarts of water to a rolling boil in a six quarts stock pot. Boil the noodles for about 6-8 minutes until al dente. Drain into colander and run under cold water for a few minutes to cool down and rinse the starch off. Drain them thoroughly then cut the noodles to 3 or 4 inch lengths and reserve them.
2. Heat the oil a large skillet over high heat for about a minute or two. Add the garlic in a pan stirring constantly for about 30 seconds. Add the diced short rib to the pan and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Add the onion, carrot, mushrooms and green pepper and cook until slightly tender about 1 minute. Add the noodles and spinach and keep it all moving to combine.
3. Stir in the sesame seeds, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, pepper and salt. Cook for an additional minute until noodles are coated well in sauce and all the vegetable soften a little.