Cheesy Parmesan, aromatic garlic and fresh parsley give these tasty meatballs loads of rich flavor.
Technique tip: Using ground dark meat chicken will ensure your meatballs will turn out tender and juicy.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 cups marinara sauce, homemade or store-bought
- Cooked pasta, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine breadcrumbs and milk. Mix in chicken, Parmesan, onion, garlic, egg, parsley, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Use your hands to mix all of the ingredients until evenly combined. Do not over mix. Divide chicken into a dozen or so balls and shape. Place meatballs on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
3. Heat marinara in a saucepan over medium heat. Add meatballs to pan and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with pasta and Parmesan, if desired.