- 4 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup frozen riced cauliflower and broccoli mix
- 1 tablespoon frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon frozen corn
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
I love to make frittatas because they are a great way to incorporate vegetables into breakfast. They're also easily customizable and great for using up leftovers. The best part is that they are a healthy way to start the day that provide lasting energy through the whole morning.
Preheat oven to 350°F.2.
Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk them well with garlic powder, salt, milk and cilantro (if using).3.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the butter and frozen vegetables and sauté with a pinch of salt and pepper for about 2-3 minutes and spread the mixture out to cover the bottom of the pan.4.
Pour the egg mixture into the pan over the vegetables and cook on low heat until the sides set, top with cheese, then transfer to an oven for about 10 minutes.