- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 pound farfalle or other chunky pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms, cleaned, stemmed, and thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup light cream or half and half
- Bring a 6-quart pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Add 1 tablespoon salt to the water and when it dissolves, stir in the farfalle.
- While the farfalle cooks, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large saucepan or skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in half the sliced mushrooms, then cook without stirring for 3-4 minutes until the mushrooms have browned. Push them to the side of the skillet and add the remaining olive oil and mushrooms.
- When all the mushrooms have browned, reduce the heat to medium. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Stir in the peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until completely warmed through. Add the cream and cook until mostly absorbed by the vegetables, about 2-3 minutes.
- When the farfalle is al dente, add it to the vegetables along with 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water. Toss to combine and let the pasta cook for 30 seconds more to absorb the sauce.
- Divide the pasta between 4 bowls and serve immediately.