- 1 1/2 cups steel cut oats
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- 4 cups water
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Chopped dates, for serving
- Yogurt or half-and-half, for serving
Whether you're looking to feed a big crowd or need delicious breakfast before work, this overnight oatmeal will make mornings so much easier.
In a large slow cooker, combine oats, coconut milk, water, salt, coconut, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Cook for 7 to 8 hours on low. To serve, scoop into bowls and top with chopped dates and yogurt or half-and-half if you like.