This is a pretty foolproof way to cook and serve cod. It is such a flaky fish that sometimes grilling or pan roasting can be daunting. Make sure you slice the citrus nice and thin so that the flavor of the juice and zest can infuse the fish well.
Swap option: Try this dish with other types of fish, such as salmon or striped bass.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, very thinly sliced
- Two 12-ounce cod filets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander (cilantro)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 orange, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 lime, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a baking dish with butter.
2. Place the sliced onion in the bottom of the baking dish.
3. Top the onions with the cod filets and season with salt, pepper and coriander.
4. Place the parsley leaves over the cod. Alternate different slices of citrus over the parsley layer
5. Drizzle the cod with extra virgin olive oil and bake in the preheated oven until the fish is easily flaked with a fork, 10-15 minutes.
6. Remove citrus slices once cool enough to handle, and serve.