I started making chaffles when I started my keto journey about four years ago, first as a bread substitute and then over time, because they're so versatile, I make them for desserts, snacks and pizzas. You can pretty much make anything you want out of them. They're so fun and delicious!
Nutrition info (per 2 chaffles): 200 calories, 13 grams fat, 2.5 net carbs and 15 grams protein
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño
1. Preheat your waffle maker. When hot, spray with a tiny amount of nonstick cooking spray.
2. While the waffle maker is heating, whisk together 2/3 of the cheese, egg, almond flour and jalapeño in a bowl.
3. Add a small pinch of the remaining cheese to the waffle maker (this helps make a crispy chaffle), add 1/2 of the batter, top with another tiny pinch of cheese (for crispy top), close, and when the light goes off, it's ready (about 3 to 4 minutes).
4. Remove the chaffle from waffle maker and place on paper towel to soak up any extra oil. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make a second chaffle.