This is my go-to recipe when I'm craving steak. The bold, spicy, citrusy marinade adds a ton flavor and helps make the meat incredibly tender. Skirt steak is a flavorful cut of meat that doesn't take a lot of time on the grill and is easy to slice up for a hungry crowd.
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño, roughly chopped
- 1 handful cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1½ pounds skirt steak, cut into
1. Place the garlic, jalapeño and cilantro in a food processor or blender and process until it forms a paste. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and whisk in the lime juice, orange juice, vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Place the steak in a large dish and cover with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and let the dish marinate in the refrigerator for an hour.
3. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade and cook for 5-10 minutes per side (depending on the thickness of the steak and desired doneness).
4. Let the meat rest, then slice against the grain and serve.