The classic childhood combo of creamy peanut butter and sweet jam makes this vanilla-based mug cake a nostalgic treat. We like it with strawberry jam, but feel free to choose your favorite flavor.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vanilla whole-milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons whole milk or milk alternative
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons smooth peanut butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons strawberry jam
- 1 fresh strawberry, for garnish
1. Spray a 6-ounce mug with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, thoroughly combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
3. In another small bowl, whisk the butter, yogurt, milk, vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons of the peanut butter and jam together. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet and mix thoroughly.
4. Spoon the cake mixture into the bottom of the mug. Place in the microwave and cook for 45 seconds. If the top of the cake still looks very wet, cook for another 10 seconds. Allow the cake to sit for 1 minute to fully cook.
5. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon peanut butter for 15 seconds in a microwave-safe bowl; drizzle it over the top of the mug cake, then garnish with the strawberry. Enjoy!