This side is grain-free, nutritious and utterly delicious. You will find that cauliflower is a very satiating and filling vegetable as it is full of fiber and nutrients. Add a serving of your protein of choice to make it a main meal.
Swap option: You can use brown rice or quinoa instead of cauliflower rice.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 leek, chopped
- 1 package store bought cauliflower rice
- 1/2 bunch kale, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Fresh cilantro or chopped shallots, to garnish
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium frying pan heat over medium heat.
2. Add the chopped leek and sauté until it turns translucent and golden.
3. Add the cauliflower rice and sauté for 2–3 minutes, or until it starts to cook. Then add in the chopped kale and continue to sauté for another 4–5 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through.
4. Season with sea salt and curry powder.
5. Finally, add in the remaining olive oil and pepper flakes, if using.
6. Plate and garnish with the cilantro or shallots.