- 1 ounce blended olive oil
- 1/4 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1 ounce sliced cremini mushrooms
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce crumbled plant-based sausage
- 1 ounce vegan basil pesto
- 4 ounces cooked cavatappi pasta
- 1½ ounces vegan pizza cheese, divided
- 1/2 ounce vegan Parmesan cheese
We were looking for a Halloween item for our vegan guests that frequent our parks. I personally enjoy vegan food, although I'm not a strict vegan, and love to find new products that are available as well as explore the simplicity of different vegetable flavors and textures.
(Universal Orlando Resort is part of NBC Universal, the parent company of NBC News.)
In a medium sized sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat.3.
Add the peppers, mushrooms, salt and pepper.4.
Add sausage and toss for 2-3 minutes.5.
Reduce heat; add pesto, pasta and half of pizza cheese; toss for one minute.6.
Remove from heat, place in heat-resistant bowl with remaining pizza cheese and Parmesan cheese. Place under broiler for 20 seconds.7.
Remove from heat and serve with plate under the bowl.