At Liquid Lab NYC, we love a classic cocktail just as much as any modern drink. And it doesn't get more classic than a traditional old fashioned with aromatic bitters, citrusy orange and a sweet cherry to top it all off. Everyone should learn about to master this mix.
- 1 sugar cube
- Old fashioned bitters
- 2 pieces orange rind, divided
- Bourbon, your choice
- Maraschino cherry, for garnish
1. In a cocktail shaker, add sugar cube, bitters and 1 piece of the orange rind. Muddle together until completely crushed.
2. Add bourbon to the shaker and add ice halfway to the top. Stir until ice begins to dilute.
3. Fill a cocktail glass with ice. Strain the drink into the glass. Garnish with orange rind and a cherry.