I love serving fried rice with eggs over it. The runny yolks add rich, creamy texture to the fragrant rice and crisp veggies. It's also a great dish for using up leftovers.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup leftover chicken adobo, shredded
- 1 cup cooked jasmine rice (preferrably day old)
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon crispy shallots
- 1/3 cup chicken adobo braising liquid
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallions
- 1 to 2 eggs, cooked over-easy
1. Place oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
2. Add the chicken and cook until slightly browned. Add jasmine rice, bean sprouts and crispy shallots. Add the braising liquid and soy sauce season with salt and pepper.
3. Serve topped with the fried eggs and scallions.