These meat-free tacos turn cauliflower into the main attraction. The savory filling is vegetarian friendly and is so tasty it will please meat eaters too.
Swap option: Sprinkle the cooked cauliflower and topping over chopped lettuce for a tasty taco salad.
- 1 small head cauliflower, washed dried and cut into florets
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 package low-sodium taco seasoning (1¼ ounces)
- 2 tablespoons medium salsa
- Taco shells or corn chips
- Grated cheese
- Sour Cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In the food processor fitted with a steel blade, add about half of the cauliflower and process, pulsing only until it resembles rice. Transfer to a bowl and continue with remaining cauliflower.
3. Add the mushrooms to the food processing bowl and process until finely chopped. Add mushrooms to bowl with cauliflower and stir to combine. Add taco seasoning and salsa and mix well. Spread the mixture onto a large, foil-lined baking sheet and bake in oven for 30 minutes. Toss lightly and return to oven for 15 more minutes.
4. Remove from oven and transfer to a serving dish. Serve with taco shells and toppings.