The sweetness of the pineapple only gets better on the grill. It also complements the juicy pork chops perfectly.
- 4 bone-in pork rib chops, about 1-inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pineapple
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 bunch scallions
- 2 limes, halved
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
1. Prepare a charcoal grill and bring to medium-high heat (or medium heat for gas). Drizzle pork chops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Place the chops on the grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side or until nice grill marks appear. Move the chops to a cooler part of the grill, over indirect heat, to finish cooking so that the pork chops reach an internal temp of about 145°F. Remove from heat and allow to rest on a cutting board.
3. Meanwhile, peel and cut the pineapple into large pieces. Cut bell peppers into large pieces. Trim the ends and leave the mushrooms and scallions whole. Drizzle the fruit and vegetables with olive oil and grill until nice char marks form.
4. Remove from grill and sprinkle with lime juice, season with chili powder, salt and pepper to taste and serve with the pork chops.