These whipped cream marshmallows are a wonderful way to make hot cocoa pop. With no cook time and several hours sitting in the freezer, these treats are a great way to spend a snow day with the kids decorating (and enjoying dessert, of course).
Whipped Cream Marshmallows
- 1 (8-ounce) tub whipped frozen topping
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Candy canes for topping, crushed
- Colored sugar for decorating
1. Pour the whipped frozen topping into a mixing bowl and slowly whisk in ½ cup of water to the mixture. It should turn into a thick liquid.
2. Line a 9- by 13-inch pan with wax paper.
3. Pour the cream mixture into the pan and, using a spatula, spread it out evenly, smoothing out the top. The mixture should be about 1/2-inch thick.
4. Before freezing, sprinkle crushed candy canes over ½ of the pan. Gently press some of the larger pieces into the cream, if needed.
5. Place the pan into the freezer for at least 4 hours.
6. Remove the pan from the freezer and, using small cookie cutters, press into the frozen mixture to create shapes.
7. Put all shapes into a separate container lined with wax paper and refreeze until you’re ready to use.
Optional: Sprinkle 3 to 4 tablespoons of colored sugar onto a small plate. Dip one side of the whipped cream marshmallow into the colored sugar and press gently. Refreeze the sugared marshmallows immediately until you’re ready to use.