Need to get dessert on the table fast? This incredibly quick recipe is made from just four ingredients. The hardest part is watching the toaster. Yes, you can use the toaster for dessert!
Technique tip: Prepare the strawberries before you sit down to dinner so they're ready to serve at dessert time.
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Four 1-inch-thick slices pound cake
- Whipped cream
1. In a large bowl add the strawberries and sugar. Stir and rest at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
2. Place slices of pound cake in a toaster until golden brown.
3. Pour a scoop of strawberries and syrup over each slice of pound cake. Top with a dollop of whipped cream.