- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 4 pounds fresh peaches cut into wedges (8-10 peaches)
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add the butter and use your fingers to rub it into the dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly. Add the oats and pecans and toss to combine.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 9- by 13-inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine the peaches, brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and juice, vanilla and salt. Toss to combine then spread evenly in the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the peaches then bake until the filling is bubbling and the topping is golden brown, 45-50 minutes. Let cool then serve with vanilla ice cream.