This is a simple cobbler and can be done with any mix of great fresh or frozen berries. Sprinkle with sugar once baked to give additional texture and sweetness on the outside.
Technique tip: If using frozen fruit, make sure to defrost and drain of excess liquid.
- 4 pints fresh blueberries or 3 pounds (48 ounces) frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup sugar, plus more
- 1 cup blueberry jam
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- Twelve 1½- to 2-inch rounds biscuit dough
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a large bowl, gently combine the blueberries with the cornstarch, sugar, jam, cinnamon, lemon juice and zest. Pour into the baking dish and top with a single, even layer of the biscuit rounds.
3. Place in the oven and bake 20-25 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown and fully cooked. Remove from the oven and cool for about 15 minutes.
4. Sprinkle an additional layer of sugar on top of the cobbler. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.