This updated take on the classic s'more is fun — and delicious — for both kids and adults! Let the kids get in on the action and have them decorate their own s'mores.
Technique tip: To melt chocolate, place chopped chocolate in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until melted.
Swap option: Get creative with your chocolate. Use dark or even white chocolate instead!
- 4 graham cracker squares
- 16 tiny marshmallows
- 1½ ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon red, white and blue nonpareils or sprinkles
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Using a serrated knife, cut each graham cracker square into four 1¼-inch squares. Place half of the squares on a baking sheet and top each with a 2 tiny marshmallows. Broil 3 inches from the heat for just a few seconds until the marshmallows start to brown. Remove and quickly top with remaining graham cracker squares.
3. Dip in melted chocolate, place on a plate or parchment paper, and sprinkle with red, white, and blue nonpareils.
4. Serve immediately or let stand until chocolate sets. Mini s'mores can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.