Use your favorite liquor to create these delicious pumpkin pie-shaped shots for adult dinner guests. Thanksgiving has never been so fun!
Special equipment: Twelve 3-inch mini aluminum foil tart pans.
Graham cracker crust
- 1 ½ cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Three 1/4-ounce envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 ½ cups of water
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin spice or pumpkin pie vodka (or liquor of your choice), chilled
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Orange food coloring, if desired
- White frosting
For the gram cracker crust:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and salt. Slowly stir the melted butter in to coat crumbs.
3. Take a heaping tablespoon of the mixture and evenly press it across the bottom and up the sides of each tin to form a pie crust. Pack in tightly to ensure no holes in the crust.
4. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until crust starts to turn a light brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
For the filling:
1. Add water to a pot and sprinkle gelatin on top. Let stand for about 1 minute so gelatin can absorb water.
2. In a separate bowl, add pumpkin pie spice to 1/3 cup canned pumpkin.
3. Turn on the heat to medium-high and add pumpkin pie filling and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
4. Remove pumpkin mixture from the heat and let cool to room temperature. When it's no longer warm, add the vodka (ice cold) and stir. Add food coloring, if desired.
5. Pour/spoon room temperature gelatin mixture into pre-baked pie crusts and smooth out tops.
6. Move tray with crusts to refrigerator to set for at least 7 hours.
Carefully remove the pies from the tins and cut into mini slices.
Pipe tiny frosting stars or flowers onto the top of each piece and dust very lightly with cinnamon. Serve immediately or keep chilled.