Serves wedges of fruitcake in sundae glasses with ice cream and toppings for a more creative and fun way for everyone to enjoy this holiday staple. All the kids can build their own and the fruit and nuts with chocolate syrup is amazing. I have had great success with sundaes on my menus over the years and this is one of our most popular renditions.
- 1 fruitcake
- Hot fudge sauce (store-bought)
- 1 cup each tiny marshmallows, crumbled pretzel sticks, crumbled Heath Bar Crunch, Reese's Pieces, and M&M's
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
1. Cut the fruitcake into 1/2-inch thick slices, then cut again on the diagonal to form triangular wedges.
2. Into the bottom of 4 large sundae glasses, sprinkle some marshmallows, pretzels and candies, then drizzle some hot fudge over the crunchies and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
3. Place two or three wedges of fruit cake strategically into the dish at an angle at the edge so that the fruitcake sticks out of the dish but into the ice cream.
4. Top with another scoop vanilla ice cream and more of all the variety of crunchy bits of candy and pretzels. Drizzle more hot fudge sauce over the ice cream and top with whipped cream. Serve immediately with long sundae spoons.