For an updated take on picnic desserts, check out New York City chef Chris Santos's refreshing mango ginger pudding.
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2¼ teaspoons powdered gelatin
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cup mango puree
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate, shaved, for garnish
- Crystallized ginger, minced, for garnish
1. In a medium bowl, mix the water and gelatin.
2. In a small pot over medium high heat, bring the cream and sugar to a boil then remove from the heat and add the water and gelatin mixture, whisking until the gelatin has dissolved.
3. Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk, mango puree, orange and lemon juices and salt.
4. Strain the mixture through a chinois or sieve with extremely fine mesh and pour into individual servings. Chill until ready to be served. Garnish with the chocolate shavings and crystallized ginger before serving.