- 1 10-ounce box frozen, chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese or crumbled blue cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained, chopped and patted dry with paper towels
- 1/4 cup hot sauce, plus more for topping
- 2 scallions (green onions), finely chopped, plus more for topping
It's a fiery collision of Buffalo wings and spinach-artichoke dip! Savory, cheesy and oh-so-hot, this dip is also shockingly light on calories and loaded with fiber-rich vegetables. As you're whipping it up, you'll have important decisions to make: blue cheese or Parm? Mild or hot? In the spirit of research, I've tested every variation — and you really can't go wrong. Enjoy it piping hot with your favorite whole-grain chips or raw, crunchy veggies like carrots, celery and bell peppers. The leftovers are also great as a sandwich spread or on top of baked potatoes. Dip, dip hooray!
Preheat the oven to 350 F.2.
Microwave frozen spinach for about 4-5 minutes and let cool. Drain out all the water by pressing or squeezing with paper towels or a cheesecloth. Set aside.3.
In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and cheese until well-combined. Stir in the drained spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, hot sauce and scallions. Mix thoroughly.4.
Spoon the mixture into a small casserole dish and top with extra crumbled blue cheese (or grated Parm), chopped scallions and a drizzle of hot sauce, if desired. Bake for 25 minutes, or until heated through.