- 2 cups reduced-fat Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 8-ounce block cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 12-ounce jar jalapeno peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed cheese crackers such as Cheez-Its or Cheese Nips (from about 1 to 1 1/4 cups whole crackers)
- Fritos or other corn chips for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir the yogurt, cream cheese, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large bowl until the cream cheese is smooth. Stir in the chopped jalapeno peppers and both kinds of shredded cheese.
- Transfer to an oven-safe casserole dish and sprinkle the crushed cheese crackers evenly over the dip.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes, until the dip is bubbling around the sides of the dish. Serve warm with Fritos or other corn chips for dipping.
- Mix the dip together and add to the casserole dish, but don't add the cracker topping yet. Cover and refrigerate overnight, up to 1 day in advance.
- When ready to serve: Preheat the oven, add the cracker topping, and cook as directed above for 30 minutes instead of 20 minutes. The cooked dip can be tightly covered in foil and transported warm to your tailgate party as well.