Serve these succulent pork chops with steamed rice, sautéed snap peas and a cold beer.
- 4 center-cut, bone-in pork chops, 1½- to 2-inches thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1. Preheat grill to medium (or use a grill pan over medium-high heat).
2. Generously season each side of the pork chops with salt and pepper.
3. In a bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and sesame oil.
4. Place the pork chops on the grill and cover. Cook for 4 minutes. Flip the chops, brush with the hoisin sauce mixture, then re-cover and cook for 4 minutes. Flip and brush again, then cover and cook for 2 minutes. Flip and baste one last time, then cover and cook for 2 minutes longer.
5. Remove the chops from the grill, tent with foil, and let stand for 5 minutes.
6. Serve hot with extra sauce on the side.