I don't make pizza often, but when I do, I want it to taste special. This recipe is the perfect way to transform leftover brisket for a group of friends or to enjoy family-style.
Technique tip: You can buy your pizza dough frozen or from a nearby pizzeria.
Swap option: You can include any of your favorite toppings. I love adding olives, red onion and/or peppers.
- One 13.5-ounce package store-bought pizza dough
- One 14.5-ounce can organic tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups prepared harissa-braised brisket
- 1½ cups low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1½ cups baby arugula
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Roll pizza crust and transfer to a lightly oiled baking sheet. Stretch dough into whatever shape you want (I keep it a rectangle). Top with tomato sauce, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, brisket, cheese, arugula, jalapenos and a large pinch of sea salt.
3. Bake until crust is golden and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
4. Top with cilantro leaves, dollops of crema and lime zest. Cut into slices and serve.