Sharp radicchio, sweet pomegranate seeds and savory blue cheese dress up leftover roast chicken for a main course salad that's anything but ordinary. It’s so visually beautiful and all the flavors are so good together, plus there is no cooking involved!
Technique tip: Don’t dress the salad until you are ready to serve, so that the salad doesn’t become soggy.
Swap option: You can swap goat cheese in for the blue cheese.
- 4 cups roast chicken, pulled or sliced
- 24 radicchio leaves
- 2 cups blue cheese
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Dressing to taste (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Start by making the dressing. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Whisk together and set aside.
2. Place the radicchio leaves, roast chicken and blue cheese in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the ingredients and toss gently.
3. Spoon salad onto a large serving platter and sprinkle the pomegranate seeds on top. Serve.