This recipe was inspired by Martha Stewart's Brown-Butter Toffee Blondies. The brown butter and toffee give tons of rich flavor to the blondies.
- 1¼ cups unsalted butter, softened, plus more for greasing
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1¾ cups packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups toffee bits
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9"x13" baking pan and line with a piece of parchment, leaving excess hanging over the sides. Lightly grease the parchment with baking spray.
2. In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter.
3. Continue to cook the butter until it turns golden brown; be careful to not burn the butter.
4. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
5. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder; whisk to combine.
6. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the brown butter, light brown sugar and sugar and beat with the paddle attachment until well combined.
7. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, allowing each to be fully incorporated into the sugar mixture before adding the next.
8. When all eggs are incorporated, and the vanilla and beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
9. Add the flour mixture and mix on low, until just combined.
10. Fold in the toffee bits.
11. Transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the blondies.
12. Cool completely on a wire rack.
13. Use the excess parchment paper to pull the blondies out of the baking pan.
14. Cut into 12 bars.