This recipe is inspired by a Boston classic: a roast beef "3-way" with barbecue sauce, mayo and cheese. And putting two different red meat preparations (ground beef burgers and roast beef) on one slider ensures maximum beefy flavor to satisfy your carnivorous cravings.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 pound sliced rare roast beef
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 dinner rolls, split
- Decorative toothpicks
1. In a bowl, combine beef and steak seasoning, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-inch thick patties, roughly the size of your dinner rolls.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, cook burgers over medium heat, 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°F. Remove from the pan and set aside to rest on a baking sheet.
3. Add butter to the pan and melt, then place the buns flat side down in the pan to toast until crispy and golden brown.
4. Place bottom buns down on a plate, top with a spoonful of mayo, then with a burger patty, then with a few slices of roast beef, followed with some of the barbecue sauce and finally a slice of American cheese. Place the top bun on top and secure each slider with a decorative toothpick.