These colorful popcorn balls are like Rice Krispies treats, only saltier and with more crunch. This is such a fun recipe to make if you have any little ones who want to get involved in the kitchen. What child (or child at heart) wouldn't love a gooey popcorn ball?
Swap option: Use your favorite candies in place of the mini marshmallows.
- Two 7-ounce jars marshmallow cream
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups multi-colored mini marshmallows
- 14 cups popped, unbuttered popcorn
1. On a large baking sheet, pour out your multi-colored mini marshmallows and set aside.
2. Add popped popcorn to a large bowl and set aside.
3. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
4. Add marshmallow cream and melt over low heat, until thoroughly combined.
5. Carefully pour marshmallow mixture over popped popcorn and mix gently until coated.
6. Let stand for 5 to 7 minutes to cool slightly and set up.
7. With buttered hands, shape popcorn into baseball-sized balls. Roll sticky balls in the colored marshmallows.
8. Place popcorn balls on a baking sheet and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour before serving.