I have been making this recipe since I learned how to barbecue. It's great on the grill but also unbelievable in the oven. You can combine both cooking methods by slow roasting the ribs in the oven first and then finishing them on the grill for a wonderful smoky flavor.
- 2 to 3 pounds spare ribs, pork ribs or beef ribs
- 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons Montreal seasoning
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
1. Preheat oven to 250 F.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until mixed thoroughly together.
4. Place ribs on the baking sheet and coat with barbecue sauce.
5. Bake low and slow for 3 hours.
Alternate option: If pressed for time, cook ribs for about 2 hours at 325 F.