I love this recipe because it is easy to make, full of fresh flavor and the whole family will love it. The bright tomatoes, melty mozzarella and crispy chicken ensure this dish has something for everyone to enjoy.
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 2 pints heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pound rigatoni, cooked al dente according to package directions
- 1/4 cup pasta cooking water
- 12 ounces (about 3 cutlets) sautéed chicken Milanese
- 1/2 pound whole milk mozzarella, cubed
- 8 ounces baby arugula
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt, to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high flame. Add garlic and cook until lightly browned. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add the pasta to the pan and pasta water as needed if it's dry.
3. Add chicken, mozzarella and arugula, toss quickly and serve with cheese, fresh lemon juice, salt and red pepper flakes to taste.