After a long day at work, I love coming home and being able to have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. The sauce is ready before the water even comes to a boil. I also tend to keep these ingredients in my pantry, so I don't have to worry about stopping at the supermarket.
Technique tip: Use pasta water to adjust sauce consistency.
Swap option: You can use lime juice instead of rice vinegar.
(Created by TODAY with our sponsor, Jif Peanut Butter.)
- 2/3 cup Jif Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 pound gemelli
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, rough chopped, plus more for garnish
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
1. Bring a large stockpot of salted water to a rolling boil.
2. Add the pasta and cook according to package instructions, until al dente. Reserve some pasta water.
3. Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining the peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger and granulated garlic and whisk to combine.
4. Once drained, return the pasta to the stockpot and add the sauce and cilantro and stir to coat, adding the reserved pasta water as needed until a creamy consistency is reached.
5. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and cilantro leaves.