Disclaimer: This is no ordinary corn on the cob. In my Joyfull version of Mexican street corn, I add a blend of cheesy goodness, a pinch of ground cayenne, and squeeze of fresh lime for extra pizzazz. Each ear is charred to perfection and loaded with addictive spicy flavor. In short, this recipe is the ultimate trifecta: simple to make, totally delicious and a guaranteed party-pleaser. The only question: To shuck or not to shuck? You decide.
- 4 ears corn
- 4 tablespoons light or reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 limes
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
1. Grill the corn (in husks) for 15 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can roast the corn in the husks in a 350°F oven by placing them directly on the oven rack for about 30 minutes. The corn is done when it's slightly soft and gives a little beneath the husk or is tender when pierced with a fork.
2. After the corn is cooked and slightly cooled, peel back each of the husks and discard or use as a decorative handle for eating.
3. Spread each ear with 1 tablespoon of cream cheese, squeeze on the juice of 1/2 a lime, and sprinkle on 1 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese and a pinch of cayenne pepper (add more if you like it hot). Serve with the remaining lime wedges.