- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet (from a 17 1/4-ounce package), thawed according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup apricot jam (6 ounces), melted
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or milk
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 425°F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface into a 12- by 10-inch rectangle, then cut in half lengthwise.
Cut each half crosswise into 4 (5- by 3-inch) strips (for a total of 8 strips).
Spread each strip with 1/2 tablespoon jam, then fold strips in half lengthwise to form 1 1/2-inch-wide strips.
Twist each strip 3 times and place on baking sheet.
Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Transfer twists to a rack set over a sheet of parchment.
Stir together confectioners’ sugar, cream, and lemon juice until smooth, then brush over warm twists.