This is a colorful, healthy and easy dinner dish. You can take the stir-fry a step further and mix all ingredients, including the rice or noodles, together in the skillet for a quick fried rice or fried noodle dish. Just cook it approximately 2 to 3 minutes longer.
Swap option: If you like things on the mild side, don't add any hot sauce. But if you're a fiery eater, add as much as you want.
- One 16-ounce bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- 6 ounces of cleaned frozen shrimp
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup jasmine rice
1. Steam the rice according to the instructions on the package, using 1 cup of water.
2. In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, hot sauce (if desired), vinegar and sugar and set aside.
3. Heat the skillet and add canola oil. Add the shrimp and cook it until the shrimp turns pink and opaque.
4. Add frozen veggies and cook everything for 5 minutes.
5. Add the whisked sauce and let the whole dish simmer together for 2 minutes so the flavors can come together.
6. Serve the dish over a bed of rice and garnish with the sliced scallions.