Chicken potpie is a classic, but it does take time to make when you start from scratch. My version uses cooked meat from rotisserie chicken mixed with frozen vegetables and cream of chicken soup.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and shredded
- One 16-ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables
- Two 10½-ounce cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- One 16.3-ounce can Grands!™ Flaky Layers Buttermilk Biscuits
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Put the chicken, vegetables, cream of chicken soup, broth and pepper in a large pot.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally, and then pour into a 9- by 13-inch baking pan.
4. Arrange the biscuits evenly on top of the chicken mixture.
5. Bake until the biscuits are golden brown and cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Excerpt from "Comfort Food Shortcuts: An 'In the Kitchen with David' Cookbook from QVC's Resident Foodie" by David Venable, copyright © 2019 by David Venable. Used by permission of Ballantine Books, an imprint of Random House Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
TODAY has affiliate relationships, so we may get a small share of the revenue from your purchases. Items are sold by the retailer, not by TODAY.