Cake1. Preheat the oven to 350 degress Fahrenheit.
Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan and dust with flour.
2. Whisk together the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla in a large glass measuring cup.
Whisk together the flour, nuts, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and black pepper in a medium bowl.
3. Combine the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and cream with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice as necessary.
4. With the mixer on low speed, add 1⁄3 of the flour mixture and beat until incorporated.
Add 1⁄2 of the buttermilk mixture.
Repeat, alternating flour and buttermilk mixtures and ending with the flour mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl between additions.
Turn the mixer to medium-high speed and beat for 1 minute.
5. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Glaze1. Whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice in a medium bowl until smooth.
Drizzle over the cake, letting it drip down the sides.
2. Let stand until the glaze is set, about 1⁄2 hour.
Slice and serve.
Store uneaten cake in a cake keeper or wrap in plastic and store at room temperature for up to three days.