Stuffing the chicken with melty mozzarella makes this dinner even more mouthwatering. You get a delicious, cheesy surprise when you cut open the cutlets.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup oil, for frying
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
1. Cut a pocket into each chicken breast.
2. Stuff the pockets evenly with mozzarella cheese.
3. Press the edges of the chicken together to seal the pocket. Season the outside of the chicken breasts with salt.
4. Put the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs into 3 separate bowls.
5. Being careful to keep the chicken from opening, dip the stuffed chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess.
6. Dip the floured chicken into the egg, then the breadcrumbs, coating it evenly.
7. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Preheat oven to 350°F.
8. Fry the chicken until golden brown on both sides.
9. Place 1/3 of the tomato sauce evenly on the bottom of a baking dish. Place the chicken on top.
10. Top with the rest of the tomato sauce, then sprinkle the Parmesan and basil on top.
11. Bake for 25 minutes.