Give grilled cheese a grown-up twist with white wine, shallots, whole grain mustard and a sophisticated cheese blend.
- 14 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces brie, rind removed
- 4 tablespoons white wine
- 8 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 16 slices hearty bread
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Place two rimmed sheet pans in the preheated oven for 10 minutes to get pans hot.
3. While pans are heating, process Cheddar, brie and wine in food processor until smooth paste is formed, about 20-30 seconds. Add shallots and pulse to combine.
4. Combine butter and mustard in a small bowl.
5. Spread cheese mixture on bread and cover with remaining slice. Spread butter-mustard on one side and place butter side down on hot sheet pan and continue with remaining sandwiches. Butter remaining side of sandwiches and cover all sandwiches with remaining hot sheet pan. Place sheet pans in oven and cook sandwiches for 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.